I've just got a Fuji XT1 and 18-55mm kit lens and am using Lightroom 5.6 for processing.

I'm wondering what standard import settings people are using, particularly Clarity/Vibrance; & Capture sharpening. 

I've been playing about and I'm not convinced that I've got the ideal combo yet. 

My settings are usually; Clarity +20/Vibrance+16. Standard LR sharpening.

These work great with the Canon 5DMKII and the Fuji X100, but seem a bit soft with the XT1.

Also I see that Adobe do not have a lens profile for the 18 - 55mm Fuji, any thoughts re this?

TIA

Phil

I do not now about LR but there is embedded 18-55mm lens data in the raw file - Capture 1 Pro uses it for correcting distortion etc but does not list the lens in their lens correction options. I would have thought LR would as well. It may be that by using embedded lens metadata they do not need a separate lens profle - they get the data from the raw image file itself.

I do not now about LR but there is embedded 18-55mm lens data in the raw file - Capture 1 Pro uses it for correcting distortion etc but does not list the lens in their lens correction options. I would have thought LR would as well. It may be that by using embedded lens metadata they do not need a separate lens profle - they get the data from the raw image file itself.

Thanks for that Martin…Interesting  ;)

Makes me wonder what else is in the RAW that I don't see ^_^ And wouldn't it be good if we were told :ph34r:

A topic a week or 3 back...

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/3145-sharpening-x-trans-files-in-adobe-lightroom/?hl=fuji

Search for Fuji - there are a number of discussions under various titles....

Cheers Julie…Had a look and a quick play with some suggested settings…Still not sure whats the best way to go, eyes getting a bit tired now so will come back to it later.

Anyone else got any input? B)

Archived