Is anybody experiencing trouble uploading tonight.

I have been trying to upload a batch of images tonight and where as normally the images fly up at great speed, tonight it has taken me half a dozen go's to get one image up..they start to upload and freeze at 4 or 5 %..just wanted to know if it is a widespread problem,  if it is  I will then leave it until it is sorted out.

Thanks, Steve.

I experienced a problem with uploading about 5 weeks ago.  Image would upload and then pause at about 15% for approx 15 secs and then continue uploading. It was a pain but the images got through.  This morning - 5% and then nothing.  Have had to abandon a major upload.  If this isn't fixed soon it may well be the last straw for me.

I have reported the problem to MS and have had the usual 'The problem is not our end….'  I have pointed out to them that if photographers from the UK, Poland, USA and Germany are experiencing the same difficulty then I would have thought the problem IS at their end.

Just a suggestion to others - try uploading a single image and leave it uploading.  I have found that after approx. 3 mins the system usually kicks in and the image does upload but very slowly.

We could play a game - who holds the record for the longest upload of one image?  

My record so far is 15 min 11 secs!

Beat that!

I got the same answer before and thought Alamy office is hacked and the person plays with me ugly :P  Must be some bad joke.

I believe that proffesional Alamy workers will do right thing to fix the problem and let us know... My files are waiting to upload meanwhile...

Nobody seems to have mentioned what browser or operating system they are using. This is very important information in determining whether the problem lies with Alamy or not. I had problems with this a few weeks ago using Safari on a Mac (Mavericks OS) and switched to using Firefox which did the job with no problem. I just did an upload now of 9 images to see if it worked using Firefox and it did it although it paused and stuttered a few times before continuing (Mac Yosemite OS).

So please state your browser and OS when posting - it may help to resolve what is happening if everyone with problems is using Safari on Mac for example.

Tried uploading via Firefox.  1st batch of 5 went through albeit slowly.

2nd batch of 8 went through but froze at about 15% for each image.

3rd batch of 5 had to be abandoned due to upload freezing at 5% on the 1st image.

It seems Firefox is not the answer - as I suspected.  The fault is at Alamy's end.

Strange happenings, I have a batch of 30 images to upload, I can only get as far as 5 or 6% so I thought I would try uploading one image at a time and guess what they uploaded with no problems although they seemed to hesitate at 40 to 50% for a few seconds then I went back to uploading around 10 images together but I ended up back in square one, that is stuck on 5%, so it is back to 1 image at time.

Mal

Also experienced slow upload. Can't say how long to upload 6 images as I fell asleep waiting; my wife eventually woke me in the wee hours and the upload had completed. May all have been in vain as no results don't bode well after a good run.

Windows 7, Internet Explorer; but doubt the relevance of this.

Archived