OSX Yosimite

I will upload Yosemite but not yet. Give it a while to settle down and have the bugs ironed out.

Allan

You anti-Yosemite, you.

Not anti just cautious. ;)

Allan

Perhaps a dumb question,  but what in the heck is "Yosemite"  is it some form of the Australian Vegemite that has been re-invented by another country.

Do Tell  :unsure: 

Paul.

Made famous to many photographers by the work of Ansel Adams 

http://www.anseladams.com/ansel-adams-photography/yosemite-special-edition-photographs/

and doesn't rhyme with vegemite - pronounced more like yosemitEE I believe

Richard, are things in general working after installation?

I installed it on my MacBook Pro and no problems that I've noticed with Photoshop CS6. Just as fast as Mavericks. Not had time to try anything much else. 

Hmm, which one is Australian? I once had an Australian girlfriend who ate that stuff out of the jar with a spoon. Well, she ate all my peanut butter, too. 

The Verjimmertee is Aussie. Marmitee is a British concoction.

On the peanut butter front, your ex-grilfriend sounds like a woman after my own heart. On the salty, brown, gloopy, yeasty stuff, not so much.

Ed Rooney, on 18 Oct 2014 - 5:55 PM, said:

snapback.png

Hmm, which one is Australian? I once had an Australian girlfriend who ate that stuff out of the jar with a spoon. Well, she ate all my peanut butter, too. 

Now i am starting to feel sick!

Hope you don't mind me asking,  i am sure many here would like to know, did you kiss her before or after her meal? ;)

Paul.

Been using it for a few days now and no problems at all. All software (mainly use Lightroom 5 and PSCS6) and peripherals (older Canon and Epson printers) working perfectly.

I get the feeling that this version of MacOS is more about integration with IOS 8 than a major upgrade for the Mac. There certainly isn't any slowdown relative to Mavericks that I have noticed - it may even be a little bit snappier starting up the computer. But the user interface design (fonts and icons) is very different - looks like IOS 7. I quite like the interface but it's not a big deal really.

Both Lightroom and PS CC work on Yosemite. Canon EOS Utility and DPP don't work and need an update. Adobe Bridge works, however, a pain as it doesn't recognise new images. I found Mavericks better. Yosemite loads slower to start up and shut down, and connecting to the net seems to take longer. 

Archived