First submission - rejection query

Hi,

Joined Alamy over the weekend and submitted a batch of 4 for initial QC - just got the result which was a reject on one due to 'soft & lacking definition' - fair enough. Reading the email and online it appears that although only one is listed as rejected, all four are listed as Failed QC - I presume that's because I have to get 4 through first time.

So I understand that I have to now submit another 4 so two questions arise:

1) Can I re-submit the other 3 plus one new one or does it have to be a completely different 4 - I presume the latter?

2) When I do get a new batch of 4 accepted, can the original 3 that are listed as failed (but don't appear to be rejected) be re-submitted?

Thanks,

Gary 

1) you may resubmit any of the original 4 that were not marked with a reject reason. Alamy check all four of the first submission, and everyone that is a fail will have a reject reason attached (in your case, only one of the four). The others (the other 3) are fine to resubmit as part of your second attempt at your first submission.

2) if you decide not to do 1) above, you can submit the original 3 that did not have a reject reason attached at any time.

dd

It is prudent to double check the three you are going to resubmit against the Alamy QC guidelines to ensure they are up to scratch.

Allan

I too, only recently joined Alamy and made my first submission around 2 weeks ago. It was rejected for the same reason; I then resubmitted after checking my photos again and they have all been awaiting QC for nigh 2 weeks.

Alamy will accept more than 4 images for your first test submission and this is a good opportunity to send a selection to see how they are viewed by QC. If you have other images it would make sense to submit them. Thereafter QC will reject the whole batch if one image is below par so it is in your interest to make sure that all your images quality are up to scratch.

Good luck - we have all been there - it does get easier in time.

dov

Thanks for the further replies. In the end I decided to submit 4 new images rather than 3 of the originals as I thought if I needed to rely on those original 3 then it didn't inspire self-confidence in my own collection of images. Time will tell - although the prospect of maybe waiting 2-weeks as mentioned above isn't exactly appealing.

That's timing - just as I had posted the above comment a few minutes ago I received a reply from QC - all passed, so good news. Now the work starts I suppose - captions, keywords and more uploads. Going to take it steady though, not uploading silly quantities all in one go. 

Thanks again, for the comments.

I just submitted 4 test shots, as I am a new member also.  My first photo was rejected for the same softness factor, which I can accept.  I have read the criteria for submission several times and looked at my photos even more times.  Is there some more objective manner to evaluate the clarity necessary to pass submission?

Archived