Moving back to thumbnails after zoom..

NYCat

I like the new zooms but I find it awkward to move back to the thumbnails. Are you thinking about having a button for "More Images" or "Other Images"? It used to be so simple and intuitive to just click on the page of thumbnails.

Paulette

Well I have just discovered an easy way to go back to the thumbnails. There is a search box at the top of the zoom page that has the search words used and I just have to click on the little magnifying glass to go back to my results. Aha. I wonder if I am just slow.

Paulette

Oh yeah. So it's not good for someone moving quickly through the pages to find images. So we could still use some way to move back where we were in the thumbnails. I know NOTHING about all these issues but I bet this discourages zooms.

Paulette

That would be your browser's back (and forward) button. Newer versions of some browsers now omit these from the toolbar. They will be there, buried in a menu somewhere. I have put mine in by hand in Firefox, when they changed it for the worse. With the newest version they introduced a back and forth arrow under the right mouse button. Too many people probably complained.

Personally I love my Logitech Elite keyboard, which has a physical back button next left to the Caps Lock, under the much used scroll wheel. (Pen in right hand.)

The back (and forward) button has a serious advantage: it displays a point and shoot list with pages on either side in time where you have been recently. A feature I use a couple of times an hour, particularly when keywording.

wim

Yes, I use the back button which is on the far left at top in Safari. Just not very convenient. Maybe people who buy images have mouses (mice?) with a back button and aren't bothered by this in the new zooms.

Paulette

• 2 weeks later...

I take it all back. Now that you are showing more of my images in the zooms I'm not so keen on making it easy to move on to other people's work. Selfish, I know. I should have trusted that you had something in mind. As Emily Litella (Gilda Radner) would say.."Never mind."

Paulette

Archived