I think that this usage on the Alamy pages is too low a value in relation to other uses . I think it should be about £65.....your thoughts ?

Marketing package:
Small business
£ 39.00

Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for small companies - up to 10 people

I think that this usage on the Alamy pages is too low a value in relation to other uses . I think it should be about £65.....your thoughts ?

Marketing package:

Small business

£ 39.00

Use in marketing materials, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising). This license is for small companies - up to 10 people

Alamy doesn't tell me what to shoot or how to shoot it . . . and I don't tell them how to run their end of the operation with clients and sales. (Well, that's not the whole story.  Sometimes I get a wee bit upset about things and tend to rant and rage.)  

Sign of the times I'm afraid. We all feel this way but need to rely on Alamy, or other libraries, to do their best on our behalf. Based on previous posts on the subject it seems that this the current state of the market.

For what it's worth I think your image is worth at least £65 but I am not a buyer.

dov

It's like when you see a new car for £12k. You walk into that forecourt knowing, you aint paying £12k for it. I have that theory when buyers come on to Alamy. $65? yeah I'm not paying that, I'll call up someone and get the price down. 

Would be great if we could walk into Jessops and say, £1700 for that lens? Nah I'll give you £1000 for it. I think buyers need to start realising how much it costs us to bring such high quality imagery to their doorsteps. 

Paulstw:

I think buyers need to start realising how much it costs us to bring such high quality imagery to their doorsteps.

They know,  but don't care! all they really care about is the bottom line,  it's human nature!

Paulsw:

I think buyers need to start realising how much it costs us to bring such high quality imagery to their doorsteps.

They know,  but don't care! all they really care about is the bottom line,  it's human nature!

Sad but true. :)

• 2 weeks later...

For me, licensing fees are pretty steady. So far I've had 115 licenses in 2014 for a grand total of $12,433 which ends up right at $108 per license/per image. Naturally there has been a few really low fees and a handful of significantly higher but my average seems to be in the $180 to $225 range.

Archived