I'm new here!!

Hello to everybody,

I'm new here at Alamy and I'm from Italy, so my English is very bad, sorry.

I already have 24 images on sale, really a lot of images :D

I've got MANY doubts and so any suggestion is wellcome!!!!

Do you think I uploaded any image that is not so good and should be better to delete it??

Do you usally post your images on your own website too? May I post my images without watermarks on a social network or a forum?? Not even thumbnails??

Did you ever use any kind of "copyleft" licenses for any of your work somewhere else, and/or what do you think about that??

Quality Control: is it just about technical quality or "creative" quality too?

Thanks in advance for any answer eventually posted.

Hello to everybody,

I'm new here at Alamy and I'm from Italy, so my English is very bad, sorry.

I already have 24 images on sale, really a lot of images :D

I've got MANY doubts and so any suggestion is wellcome!!!!

Do you think I uploaded any image that is not so good and should be better to delete it??

Do you usally post your images on your own website too? May I post my images without watermarks on a social network or a forum?? Not even thumbnails??

Did you ever use any kind of "copyleft" licenses for any of your work somewhere else, and/or what do you think about that??Quality Control: is it just about technical quality or "creative" quality too?

Thanks in advance for any answer eventually posted.

Hello, and welcome.

People here tend to hesitate on commenting on others' images, but let me give you a suggestion. For instance, your image of a Milan park has little personality. It's just an image of some grass and bushes. Nothing about it suggests Milan. It could easily have been taken here in Oklahoma City.

Instead, maybe that image with someone jogging, or a family having a picnic, would have a better chance of selling. The focus, the story, of the image would then be on the person and what he/she is doing. No release needed for editorial use.

Or...an image of the sign at the entrance to the park, if there is one.

As you go about shooting, ask yourself what makes your image special, or different than the thousands of similar images already on sale here. What would make your image better?

Sometimes it can be something simple, like magical morning or evening light. Or a man-made feature (think statue or beautiful fountain that is unique to that place.)

Most of us have some blah images in our portfolio, mine comes from either laziness or lack of inspiration. I might set out full of great expectations, then find nothing special. Whether subject, light or whatever. So I don't want to come home empty-handed, thus I take some blah (dull, boring) images.

Hope this helps.

Betty

Archived