I've posted about this before, and somehow thought I'd read that this long-standing issue had been fixed.

Looking at Measures this morning, I noticed I had two searches on Elizabeth Taylor, of whom I have no photos.

On checking, they were photos of an athlete called Josh Taylor, and my first name is Elizabeth.

When I mentioned this sort of thing before - usually in reference to my surname, which is a city name, I was told not to worry, it wouldn't affect my CTR as it happens to everyone.

That's not the real point - which is surely showing potential buyers what they want to see, which in the above case was NOT my images.

Can't author names be taken out of the general search, especially when 'broken up', as it is possible to search on contributor names in advanced search.

I don't believe pseudonyms are searchable (except for advance search). Is this one of the images that came up: E664N1? The issue is that "Elizabeth" occurs in the caption.

Can't author names be taken out of the general search, especially when 'broken up', as it is possible to search on contributor names in advanced search.

Author names have been taken out of general search and are searched through advanced search only.

As H_J says above, for the image to be returned as you describe, you must also have "Elizabeth" in your keywords somewhere.

Cheers

Alamy

Author names have been taken out of general search and are searched through advanced search only.

As H_J says above, for the image to be returned as you describe, you must also have "Elizabeth" in your keywords somewhere.

Cheers

Alamy

That response is a little misleading.  For normal stock images, yes the author name has been removed. The problem is for images submitted via Alamy Live News, where the contributor has not removed the credit line in the caption, the credit line is still searchable.  Do a search on my name - you will see 681 results (as of today).

If you want a bigger example, do a search on 'Zuma Press' ....426,000+ results relating to the contributor name.

I too have mentioned this in past as well.

In order to do that, you would need to change the workflow of every Live News contributor.  That's not reasonable.

My keywording is done before the image is removed from the initial Live News platform in that buyers are still searching for images of recent events whether they are on the news feed or not (you have breaking news outlets, you have weekly news outlets - your images need to be in the search immediately).  Personally, I'm on to the next thing.

There isn't a contributing press agency out there (Zuma, ITAR-TASS, MCT, etc.) that does that.  In fact half the time, those images don't even carry relevent keywords.

The solution would be for Alamy to change crediting of images automatically in the background in a different field but that would take some development work.

Yes, that's it, as Ed suggested above (why did 'Alamy' not immediately see that would be the issue?), my name was automatically added as I submitted under Live News. Thank you - I knew I hadn't put my name in any searchable field.

I guess I need to go through my entire portfolio identifying those images I submitted under Live News and deleting my name.

I think moving on the lesson is for me to forget about LiveNews - it's such a hassle not to be able to use the computer for other things while uploading there (see other post on technical forum), and I've never sold anything directly from LiveFeed anyway, only afterwards as secondary editorial.

Thanks to Ed for pointing me in the right direction.

BTW, as the name is automatically inserted when uploading to LiveNews, couldn't it be auto-removed when going into the normal search after 48 hrs?

Archived