I was clicking right along, then.....

I got out of the sin bin July 2nd.  Between then and now, I've uploaded 91 images.  84 approved and on sale.  The last 7 images, I uploaded the evening of July 8th, but it was late enough that it recorded as July 9th, Alamy time.  Everything I had uploaded before this last 7 images passed QC in under 24 hours, some as soon as 12 hours.

So there I was, clicking right along.  Barreling down the track.  Running on the inside rail. Then, horror of horrors, that last upload just sat there.  And I was like Pavlov's dog, used to lightening fast QC and thinking that was my lot in life for...forever? :)  Upload and start drooling.

When it didn't happen, I thought I'd run afoul of the law again.  The law that says never count on good luck, tooth fairies and QC.

I decided I'd practice what I preached.  Keep shooting, keep developing, gather up a mega-folder and when I got paroled again, get with it.  Much to my surprise, and I mean surprise!  I got a pass today.  Whew.  I don't have to find Murphy and shoot him.

Murphy!  Take heed, you are on a short leash!

Betty

I got out of the sin bin July 2nd.  Between then and now, I've uploaded 91 images.  84 approved and on sale.  The last 7 images, I uploaded the evening of July 8th, but it was late enough that it recorded as July 9th, Alamy time.  Everything I had uploaded before this last 7 images passed QC in under 24 hours, some as soon as 12 hours.

So there I was, clicking right along.  Barreling down the track.  Running on the inside rail. Then, horror of horrors, that last upload just sat there.  And I was like Pavlov's dog, used to lightening fast QC and thinking that was my lot in life for...forever? :)  Upload and start drooling.

When it didn't happen, I thought I'd run afoul of the law again.  The law that says never count on good luck, tooth fairies and QC.

I decided I'd practice what I preached.  Keep shooting, keep developing, gather up a mega-folder and when I got paroled again, get with it.  Much to my surprise, and I mean surprise!  I got a pass today.  Whew.  I don't have to find Murphy and shoot him.

Murphy!  Take heed, you are on a short leash!

Betty

I had a similar scare last week. Probably a logjam.

"Paranoia strikes deep. Into your heart it will creep."

-Buffalo Springfield

I've never had a submission go through in less than 48 hours in my 6 years with Alamy. Occasionally it can take 3-4 days or longer.

Imagine how I feel every time.

Alan

I'm still here, with the cuffs and leg chains in place. Tomorrow will mark a month. Ive contacted Sly Stallone, Arnold and the ghost of Charles Bronson. We'll be wanting payback. Revenge is as American as apple pie. And I know where they live . . . or rather where they drink. I spent a long time in Oxfordshire, remember. Sooner or later they'll have to leave the high security, heavily guarded HQ and head for their local. I'll be waiting.   :angry:

One thing for sure, the old days are simply the old days, here at Alamy.  I won't say they were easy, but easier to pass QC. 

I'd bet if I deleted my whole collection, then began uploading them again just as they were the first time, I'd be in the sin bin more than I was out. I'd probably be kicked out for 6 months.

If I carefully vetted them, kicked out 100-200 and developed the a rest again from RAW, I'd probably be OK for the most part, but still have my name etched over the door of a cell, especially reserved for me.

Betty

but still have my name etched over the door of a cell, especially reserved for me.

Betty

I think that is the one I used to have when I first started with alamy back in 2008/9. If I remember right it is in the deepest, darkest dankest part of the dungeon. :ph34r:

Allan

I had a batch of about 90 stuck for a week back in June, after numerous approvals. Really thought if blown it and then suddenly they were approved! Latest batch of 70-odd been sitting there since the 9th. Fingers crossed for an approval tomorrow :-)

Some of my best sellers here and with other agencies were submitted in the early days from cameras that are now on the unexpected camera list.

So I agree, that if I deleted my collection and started up again with the same photos that they would probably be rejected.

L

I started submitting to various agencies in October 2005.  In 2008 I pulled my images from all agencies and shut the business down. I had to help out a family member and I had to sell my photo equipment to do it.  When I started submitting again in 2011, I quickly found out that old images are no longer acceptable at many places.  I have images sitting on my hard drives that just sit on my hard drives.  It's a shame....digital images don't have the life that film negatives do.

Some of my best sellers here and with other agencies were submitted in the early days from cameras that are now on the unexpected camera list.

So I agree, that if I deleted my collection and started up again with the same photos that they would probably be rejected.

L

Define "unexpected camera"  ;)  :D

I started submitting to various agencies in October 2005.  In 2008 I pulled my images from all agencies and shut the business down. I had to help out a family member and I had to sell my photo equipment to do it.  When I started submitting again in 2011, I quickly found out that old images are no longer acceptable at many places.  I have images sitting on my hard drives that just sit on my hard drives.  It's a shame....digital images don't have the life that film negatives do.

I have many images (scans of 35mm slides) taken from the late 1980's through the 1990's still selling regularly on Alamy. Glad I uploaded them when I did because I wouldn't have the you-know-what to submit them these days. You're correct, though, many places now balk at older-looking images, even though a lot of them have more "personality" than digital IMO.

I joined Alamy right at the end of when they accepted work on CDs. I think my initial submission was on CD. (I'm brushing away the cobwebs in my brain.) Soon after that Alamy began accepting uploads, but if I remember right (you guys say if so) they phased it in a few hundreds at a time.  Of course, I wasn't one of those early adopters due to my lowly status.

I think then was when Alamy quickly became bloated. I can't remember exactly, but the image count when I joined must've been somewhere around 8-9 million.  I know it was a while after joining when they hit the magic 10 million mark. 

That's why I sold more images when I had 1500 than I do now with 2700 plus.  We all are under pressure to get as many images up as we can just to tread water percentage-wise, so it is no wonder that a goof slips by us once in awhile.

I joined Alamy right at the end of when they accepted work on CDs. I think my initial submission was on CD. (I'm brushing away the cobwebs in my brain.) Soon after that Alamy began accepting uploads, but if I remember right (you guys say if so) they phased it in a few hundreds at a time.  Of course, I wasn't one of those early adopters due to my lowly status.

I think then was when Alamy quickly became bloated. I can't remember exactly, but the image count when I joined must've been somewhere around 8-9 million.  I know it was a while after joining when they hit the magic 10 million mark. 

That's why I sold more images when I had 1500 than I do now with 2700 plus.  We all are under pressure to get as many images up as we can just to tread water percentage-wise, so it is no wonder that a goof slips by us once in awhile.

My first couple of submissions were on CD, back in 2007. I prevailed for almost two years without an official goof, and I remember being shocked when I had my first QC failure. I also recall being amazed when the collection hit the 10 million mark. Now I'm just plain overwhelmed by everything in general. B)

Lately I've been shooting for QC in mind. I went out my way to make sure no one could fail my stuff. Did the same yesterday up at Loch Katrine too. Uploaded the image last night, it passed this morning. If I want buyers to take my images seriously, I better start taking my images seriously. :) 

Just now released from my cell. This is the image that put me in the sin bin:  http://fineartamerica.com/featured/freedom-tower-ed-rooney.html

"Soft and lacking definition," they say. 

Glad to hear you're back on the outside. Do you agree with QC on this one?

I do not agree with QC on this image. It's a picture of the Freedom Tower, arguably the most important building in the Western Hemisphere taken on the first clear day right after it was finished.  In the link you can use the FAA 100% detail view. 

I too uploaded a batch on 8th July. It is still sat there awaiting QC. :angry:

Cell block H here I come. :(

Allan

An update: I've had a reprieve. Alamy took pity on me and gave me a pass today. YIPEE! :)  :D  :lol:

Allan

Ed, I think it's heat haze.

I had one of these -it didn't put me in the sinbin, though- and it was put down as SoLD. I have to agree with QC. Not with the month's banishment, though.

Don't you just HATE heat haze, I do.

Can be used artistically but usually ends in a fail with Alamy wanting pin sharp images.

I was once failed for an image taken on a foggy day.

Allan

Archived