I should know this by now and I'm sure it would have been covered in the old forum.

As an example - if I put  White flower flowers, will it be picked up in a search for white flower and white flowers?  Or should I put white flower white flowers?

John

I should know this by now and I'm sure it would have been covered in the old forum.

As an example - if I put  White flower flowers, will it be picked up in a search for white flower and white flowers?  Or should I put white flower white flowers?

John

My understanding is that white flower and white flowers will be found by just putting White flower flowers

It would be picked up in searches for: ""white", "flower", "flowers", "white flower" "white flowers" "flower flowers", "white flower flowers" "flower white" , "flowers white", "flowers flower", "flower white flower", "flower flowers white"and "flowers flower white". :D

..but if the searcher puts quotes around the search terms it would only appear for "white flower", "flower flowers" and for the three words individually so it might be worth putting "white flower" and "white flowers" together as groupings. (I think :)  )

It would be picked up in searches for: ""white", "flower", "flowers", "white flower" "white flowers" "flower flowers", "white flower flowers" "flower white" , "flowers white", "flowers flower", "flower white flower", "flower flowers white"and "flowers flower white". :D

Ah, but what about "white flowers flower"! ;)  :)

If you have an image of "white flowers" you may want to ask yourself whether you should use the keyword "flower" at all.

If someone searches for "white flower" to find a single white flower, your image of white flowers would be viewed, but unlikely to be zoomed or sold. This would just damage your CTR and Rank. There will be circumstances where you would include the singular and others where you might choose not to.

With regard to keywording "white flower flowers" or "white flower white flowers" the word grouping will affect where your image appears in the results.

With "white flower flowers", if someone searches "white flower" you'll come higher up the results than if someone searches "white flowers".

With "white flower white flowers" then a search for "white flower" or "white flowers" should have similar ranking and would appear in similar positions in search results.

Personally, I'd probably keyword "white flower flowers" or just "white flowers".

Edit

Or in hindsight, "white flowers flower" might be better if your image is of flowers rather than a flower.

Thanks for your replies so far.

So......  as a further example it looks like a customer search for red flower would also get picked up ??

John

No "red flower" would not get picked up unless you had "red" in your keywords.

Thanks for your replies so far.

So......  as a further example it looks like a customer search for red flower would also get picked up ??

John

No "red flower" would not get picked up unless you had "red" in your keywords.

I only used the flowers wording as an example - may not have been the best example though.

Just thought I would try a search for white flower and this one came up  CYFDW9 - Royalty Free Macro view of red petals of chrysanthemum flower.  Obviously I can't see all the keywords but it's still a bit confusing.  However, I think my main question is answered in that I don't need to enter white in front of both flower and flowers.

John

I too would decide what is exactly in the image, is it a flower or flowers and would not put these in essential keywords before say - Chrysanthemums chrysanths white Chrysanthemum indicum xants perrenial - for example

Archived