Hello!

I have been a member for about a month and I am slowly uploading images on Alamy. I only have 59 on sale and a few others waiting to be keyworded, but the ones which are already on the website don't seem to be visible. I have 20 views and no zooms. I know this is quite early to ask, but am I doing something wrong? Should I choose other keywords for my images or it simply takes more time to have views and then sales?

They're quite visible. An good average might be 1 view/image/month for a general collection, but yours is quite narrow. Nothing wrong with the keywords, if anything rather too many mains.

I had several hundred images up before I made a sale.

With 10k images on file this month I have had 58 zooms and 12.5k views.

If you extrapolate these numbers to your own you will realise that there is no need to lose heart.

Have had a quick look at your key wording and can see no obvious shortfalls - in fact great pics and a fair bit of variety for such a small collection

Good luck.

dov

• 2 months later...

I'm wondering about keywording too. I have keyworded my 4 initial images and they are showing as not for sale. Maybe I should look at other images for sale and see the key words used on them.  Any ideas?

mark

If you keyworded in the last few hours the images will not show up for sale until Alamy makes the next sweep. Should be available in the next 24 hours.

One other point, have you checked all criteria are filled not just keywords?

Allan

If you have filled in all the proper information, they should show up as 'ready' in Manage Images. Then they will go for sale when there is the next update. If they are still listed as 'not ready', then required information is missing.

I'm wondering about keywording too. I have keyworded my 4 initial images and they are showing as not for sale. Maybe I should look at other images for sale and see the key words used on them.  Any ideas?

mark

This is the free keyword tool I use (http://microstockgroup.com/tools/keyword.php) and it works great. I am relatively new and do not have many images online. I found I was not getting many views. I went back to my keywording and added phrases using either [ ] or " " around the phrases. I seem to be getting many more views now.

Hello!

I have been a member for about a month and I am slowly uploading images on Alamy. I only have 59 on sale and a few others waiting to be keyworded, but the ones which are already on the website don't seem to be visible. I have 20 views and no zooms. I know this is quite early to ask, but am I doing something wrong? Should I choose other keywords for my images or it simply takes more time to have views and then sales?

Keywording  seems fine to me but I still have much to learn myself I notice that you have checked yes to digitally altered to many of your images but I am not sure why most that I have seen do not appear to have been altered. If you have just done a normal processing of your images I am not sure that you need to check the yes box I am sure that someone will correct me if I am mistaken

best of luck.

This is the free keyword tool I use (http://microstockgroup.com/tools/keyword.php) and it works great. I am relatively new and do not have many images online. I found I was not getting many views. I went back to my keywording and added phrases using either [ ] or " " around the phrases. I seem to be getting many more views now.

So far as I'm aware when contributors add "" or [] into their keywords makes no difference to the search results as this feature has not yet been implemented by Alamy. The proximity and order of keyword is however important.

Has something changed?

However, if customers add "" around their search terms I believe it does make a difference by prioritising those images where the matching keywords appear next to each other and in exactly the same sequence.

>>I found I was not getting many views.

Beware keyword spamming. More keywords = more views for sure. But if you're producing lots of irrelevant views your CTR and rank will suffer.

So far as I'm aware when contributors add "" or [] into their keywords makes no difference to the search results as this feature has not yet been implemented by Alamy. The proximity and order of keyword is however important.

Has something changed?

However, if customers add "" around their search terms I believe it does make a difference by prioritising those images where the matching keywords appear next to each other and in exactly the same sequence.

>>I found I was not getting many views.

Beware keyword spamming. More keywords = more views for sure. But if you're producing lots of irrelevant views your CTR and rank will suffer.

I assumed the annotation options might have been implemented. http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/annotation-options.asp

The kind of added phrases I included were the following

"bird in surf"
[foggy mountain sunrise]
"foal laying down"
[paint horse]
"sangre de cristo"

If those options have not been implemented I guess the increase in views came from some work I did on the keywording in general. Most of my keywords stayed the same I just added phrases with the annotations that I thought would be more commonly searched phrases.

Archived