An image marked as "not ready" since 21.05

Hello, I've joined Alamy recently. QC passed, yet one of the photos stuck  with "not ready" please keyword status since 21 May.

The image in question is this:

E0YY2B

Hopefully, it can be seen by the ref Nr.

Attributes and keywords have been checked several times and seem to be complete.

Second batch of images passed QC and went online smoothly. Just this particular one got stuck.

Any advice on the issue is very appreciated.

If the image is "not ready" others will not be able to see it to help you.

Check you have completed all fields in keywording, attributes, etc then it should go to "ready" and will be hovered up into the selling system next time a trawl is done by Alamy.

Allan

When you look at it in Manage Images there should be a red checkmark over the area you have not completed. Look along the top for green or red checkmarks.

Paulette

Thank you so very much for your suggestions and help. I did check every little thing, all flags, i.e. "keywords" and "attributes" are green. There was indeed a tick missing in "not digitally altered" attribute, but I fixed it about 24.05. Is there anything else I can do about it?

Is it perhaps awaiting a release to be uploaded?

Alan

How can I find out about that? Similar photos from this location are online without any releases.

I will leave that to Alan.

Just an idea if it is not solved now: Make a screendump image of the  Attributes page settings viewable in this thread - and the culprit will be found easily, I think... To do so you will have to upload the image somewhere and link to it.

Hello, I've joined Alamy recently. QC passed, yet one of the photos stuck  with "not ready" please keyword status since 21 May.

E0YY2B

Attributes and keywords have been checked several times and seem to be complete.

Second batch of images passed QC and went online smoothly. Just this particular one got stuck.

Still not available by reference number.

Perhaps an email to member services would do the trick?

John.

Alan

How can I find out about that? Similar photos from this location are online without any releases.

Is it possible you've marked this one as having a release? If so, I think (from memory) that the system will just wait for you to upload one.

Though, having said this, I would have thought the Attributes tab would show a little red cross if this was the case.

Alan

Alan

I will leave that to Alan.

Just an idea if it is not solved now: Make a screendump image of the  Attributes page settings viewable in this thread - and the culprit will be found easily, I think... To do so you will have to upload the image somewhere and link to it.

Here comes the screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qriu2k9uris09co/Screen%20Shot%202014-06-03%20at%2013.05.24.png

As we can't see it it is difficult to give a definitive answer. Suggest you send an email to MS. They are pretty quick getting back to you on these issues.

dov

E0YY2B

Still not available by reference number.

Perhaps an email to member services would do the trick?

John.

I will resort to it, of course, if everything else fails.  Thank you.

I have a "bright idea". Why don't you try changing something -- add a keyword or copy the caption into the description field. Then click Save All Changes and see if it has come unstuck.

Paulette

I have a "bright idea". Why don't you try changing something -- add a keyword or copy the caption into the description field. Then click Save All Changes and see if it has come unstuck.

Paulette

I did this several times. During the keywording session for the second batch which worked like charm. I even let some 24 hours time pass after that. I didn't copy the capture into description yet. If it doesn't do what it says on the box, I'll reach out for Member Services. Thank you for your support.

Paulette

I followed your advice and copied the caption into the description field. Strangely enough, the image is marked as "ready" now which constitutes a progress. I'll be all set when it'll proceed to the "on sale" status. I also wish to thank everybody for lending a hand with this trouble.

I would like to express my gratitude to everybody who took time to help me out with the issue. The exact reason for the photo being stuck in limbo remains obscure, the suggestion of Paulette did the trick for now.

Archived