Hi Alex,  I had the same problem yesterday, and I'm still not very confdent about posting images,  I've only managed to post  images already in my Alamy collection. Right click on the image you want, select properties and cut and paste the image URL into the image box.  e.g. click on the "add image icon" above and past the image URL into this box.  Your image should then appear .  The larger image was abtained by zooming /enlarging the Alamy image before copying its URL.  MDM is correct, in that I think the image must already be posted onto a website so that a valid URL can be obtained. If you have your own website  to which you can upload images, you will be able to do the same thing from there.

D7H9GJ.jpg

D7H9GJ.jpg

Make sure that you copy the image URL from wherever you get it into the "picture" window from your right click menu. On all websites, Alamy included, an image file is in a separate folder to the complete webpage. Just right click ( or MAC equiv) the image, not the complete webpage, and paste the URL into the window that pops up.

This does not work on iPads thought AFAICT, so do it from your desktop.

Ken

There should be plenty of sites helping in this respect - uploading the image for posting a URL of the image, I mean - I haven't checked them for trustworthiness - but would before uploading saleable photos. See this Google search f.inst.:

http://tinyurl.com/d2fjqnt

- and what about Dropbox, would that be a possibility? Don't know - and not a favourite of mine...

I'm on a Mac and none of those descriptions made much sense to me so I guess it is different on a Mac. I've only posted images from Alamy so my procedure has been to zoom on the image then right click or control click on the image. That gives me a menu and I choose "Copy image address". I go to the forum and click into the reply box and paste the image into the forum by clicking the TINY image icon.

Paulette

Actually, seeing his avatar gave me the idea of using that old, old photo. It is my favorite of any taken of me. And, as Jeff pointed out, it never hurts to have a cute avatar!

Paulette

Archived