What is the number for the most times you have sold an image?

This was prompted by a comment from Lynne yesterday in the 'How was your April thread' where she said "I also had the 55th sale of one image".

I had a sale this morning taking my best seller to 9.

What is your figure?

John.

16 sales of Volcano Osorno, Chile - all on Alamy and all for travel brochures.  I'd show you a pic but can't get the widget to work! :wacko:

if a nice slice of my collection sold four times each, I would be more than happy!

But in reality, it's a pretty limited number with half a dozen or so repeat sales.

I suspect it's often a case of a client getting in the habit of using a particular image. My other half used to work for a big publisher who would send her off on the hunt for a new photograph of a familiar subject only to be told after a considerable effort, "get that one we used for project X in again" If it worked once, it'll work again. 

Did the buying public notice? You would have thought so, but who knows?

I have one that has sold 40 times, with scores of illegal uses following in its wake. Now if it was a £100 a throw I would be laughing!!

The 55 uses mentioned by John at the start of the thread are the paid for sales, I also have all the illegal infringements which I am about to start chasing up. A google search on the image produces 15 pages of usage. 

Lynne

I've had one sell 9 times mostly for $180 textbooks - Sorry cant show that one there are very few shots of it on alamy

Had this one  BFGDB1  sell 5 times, then it went viral and is now all over the web and it has not sold since

I've had several others sell 3 or more times

$115,700 for more than 60 uses.This includes collection fees for infringers.

I usually don't do my sales by images but for the event.But the above is for one photo.

L

I can understand the by event approach, that is how your costs are most easily aggregated.

Seeing as I started shooting late 70s,pre-digital and pre-computers,'By event' on index cards was the only way to keep score. Ironically that shot was from a concert for a band I never even liked but got stuck covering and the ONLY time the light landed on the performer.No flash was allowed and I was already pushing my  Tri-X to asa 1600. Now it's all on computer.

L

I have an RF image of a particular place in the UK that has sold 221 times. I have other versions of this place that have sold elsewhere.

Agreed, it hasn't made me a huge deal but there is great satisfaction in the number of times I've sold this image :)

Archived