STOCKIMO - What's your highest score?

Lisa

So far I have 55 photos on Stockimo, with my highest score a 3.3. 

S02AR6.jpg

Purple butterflies - Taken with IPhone 5S, used Photoshop to remove the clear fishing line holding up the fake butterflies, and then used an App to add a 'purple haze' filter.   

What's your highest Stockimo score so far?

These 2, were rated '4' S02BPM & S02TWH & I was a bit hesitant about uploading one of my cat...however I was very pleased with the quality of the file - 5s.

No sales yet, but a bit early, so will see how it goes.

ann

I have 75 or so photos, most around 2.7 or 3.0, some 3.3, and a small handful are 3.7, one of which is my cat Lucyfurr - I know, I know - they say less cats, flowers and sunsets - but uploaded more as a laugh.  I would paste it in but can't figure out how everyone else posts images into replies (help?). Its S035JA.  Goes to show I still have no idea what they are really looking for!

I have 75 or so photos, most around 2.7 or 3.0, some 3.3, and a small handful are 3.7, one of which is my cat Lucyfurr - I know, I know - they say less cats, flowers and sunsets - but uploaded more as a laugh.  I would paste it in but can't figure out how everyone else posts images into replies (help?). Its S035JA.  Goes to show I still have no idea what they are really looking for!

If you're using a Mac just right click the image with your mouse, copy the URL, and then click on the image icon above the message and paste the URL

S035JA.jpg

Cute cat!

These 2, were rated '4' S02BPM & S02TWH & I was a bit hesitant about uploading one of my cat...however I was very pleased with the quality of the file - 5s.

No sales yet, but a bit early, so will see how it goes.

ann

S02BPM.jpg

S02TWH.jpg

Two fours, wow! Your flower makes me feel like I am doing a head stand. Great job Ann.

I have a 3.7 for a street view..

S005FG

S005FG.jpg

Congrats on a 3.7 Julie. Love the lines and composition all leading my eyes to the center, drawing me right into the scene. You've inspired me to try to create a mood. Thanks for sharing. 

I have 78 images on Stockimo, started submitting in March and haven't had any sale yet.

My highest rated image is 4:

S02PA8.jpg

Followed by 3.7:

S02WKE.jpg

S02MNB.jpg

All other images have lower ratings, including a lot of 2.3 :)

For those of you who have had sales: are sales reported as soon as customer downloads the file or later when customer pays Alamy?

Edited: Can't embbed the images ...

Edited 2: Now I can, thanks Lisa! 

One sale out of 40k?

This is the 'what's your highest Stockimo score' conversation. I report the Stockimo sales in the 'Have you found any Alamy photographs' thread. 

78 up for sale so far;

S038T8 got a 3.3 as did S038R5

Shall keep trying

Kumar   :)

S038R5.jpg

For some reason my brain always wants to put the object right in the center, but maybe I should experiment more. This photo also draws the viewer right in, like Julie's street scene does. I can feel my index finger start to point and I have the subliminal urge to put my finger in the ring. 

So far we have learned that if we want to improve our scores adopt a cat, but if we can't do that, try creating a mood, draw the viewer right into the image, and try placing the subject matter off to one side. Thanks for sharing everyone. It really makes me excited to see what I can come up with this weekend, using your highly scored images as inspiration. 

I have 78 images on Stockimo, started submitting in March and haven't had any sale yet.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/8/%7B371B8296-B379-4658-92C9-4D8B3EF1EC7F%7D/S02PA8.jpg

Followed by 3.7:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/8/%7B33E4D15F-49E7-4158-B3B7-FE0695078B30%7D/S02WKE.jpg

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/8/%7B7DC8F233-E167-4AB5-B443-6CBF7B6AE5A0%7D/S02MNB.jpg

For those of you who have had sales: are sales reported as soon as customer downloads the file or later when customer pays Alamy?

Sales don't show up until the client actually pays.

To display a photo:

Navigate to the image then right click on it and select 'Copy Image Address'. Now inside a post, look at the top for a colored square box icon. This is the 'Image Properties' that pops up and you can paste the url there. Click okay, and it should appear. Some people are just literally dragging the image into the post. If you need more help just send me a private message.

S02MNB.jpg

I hope a dove didn't drop anything on you while you were taking this photo!

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/8/%7B371B8296-B379-4658-92C9-4D8B3EF1EC7F%7D/S02PA8.jpg

Followed by 3.7:

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/8/%7B33E4D15F-49E7-4158-B3B7-FE0695078B30%7D/S02WKE.jpg

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/8/%7B7DC8F233-E167-4AB5-B443-6CBF7B6AE5A0%7D/S02MNB.jpg

Sales don't show up until the client actually pays.

To display a photo:

Navigate to the image then right click on it and select 'Copy Image Address'. Now inside a post, look at the top for a colored square box icon. This is the 'Image Properties' that pops up and you can paste the url there. Click okay, and it should appear. Some people are just literally dragging the image into the post. If you need more help just send me a private message.

S02MNB.jpg

I hope a dove didn't drop anything on you while you were taking this photo!

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for explaining!

I had the same thoughts about the doves, ... but everything went fine! ;)

Archived