I was thinking about my latest surge (such as it was) in sales after an extended drought and was wondering whether one's recent activity played a part in ranking with an appropriate time lag (3-6months I suspect). It could of course just be one those statistical quirks.

Difficult to tell from my figures but I was wondering if anyone had taken a break and seen sales plummet or even better has anyone who was inactive suddenly started uploading  and seen a rapid rise in sales, perhaps after a few months to allow reranking etc to reflect new activity levels?

I am thinking here more about upload frequency rather than actual numbers of images uploaded.

Martin I seem to have seen that myself. With periods of little or no activity on my part (like now as I seem to be stuck in QC) not much happening at Alamy end. Opposite happens when uploading images on regular basis.

When I am out of QC doghouse I will try to upload a few a day, seems to keep me noticed with the gods.

Allan

Can't say that I see any correlation between recent activity and sales/ranking. My sales numbers are fairly consistent from month to month (touch wood) regardless of activity. I think that everyone's situation is probably different in this regard given that contributors' collections vary so much.

At least that's the view from the doghouse...

I dont think there is any correlation at all but just occasionally your work may be added to lightboxes put together by alamy staff on behalf of customers. Dont participate in novel use or newspaper schemes and I have not bothered to upload since June 2010 but have had several 3 and 4 figure sales recently.

Regen

Archived