Pets and model/property releases

Hi, thanks for the reply. Also needed for commercial sales as well. I've found the form for the release, it appears to be set for one picture at a time (there's a space at the top to put a photo), surely I don't have to have a release for each picture of the same property do I?

You can use the same release across the same shoot - the only caveat is where you have a model shoot across two days - get two releases signed.

A property release for a pet adds to the value of the image so is well worth the effort.

Can you add a release once a photo is for sale?  I have one photo of my cat in my port and never thought of adding a property release.

Yes, in manage images go to attributes, say it's released then you'll be prompted to add one.

Thanks Phil.  I've never done a release so I'll give it a go.  Turns out I have a another photo of my cat (the one seen to the left!) in my latest approved batch, so will add one to that one too.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Also needed for commercial sales as well. I've found the form for the release, it appears to be set for one picture at a time (there's a space at the top to put a photo), surely I don't have to have a release for each picture of the same property do I?

I think that the photo is for identifying the model, as already said you can use a release across a shoot.

I have a question: I have dozens of photographs of my children and most never had a release uploaded (it was not required originally). They are now well into their majority so I am thinking of getting them to sign a release for all pictures of them taken up to a specific date (end of last year perhaps) and then on an occasional basis thereafter. I will be very specific with the wording. If I have to do it for each shoot/image then it will be hundreds of pix and a nonsense; I don't see why legally it will not stand up as they will be making an informed decision. Any thoughts?

I am sure that must be the case for many photographers. And what is the situation for photographs of children released by their parents when the child becomes an adult at majority - can they withdraw/ terminate the release? Is it even valid after they reach age 17/18/21 or whatever?

I think that the photo is for identifying the model, as already said you can use a release across a shoot.

I have a question: I have dozens of photographs of my children and most never had a release uploaded (it was not required originally). They are now well into their majority so I am thinking of getting them to sign a release for all pictures of them taken up to a specific date (end of last year perhaps) and then on an occasional basis thereafter. I will be very specific with the wording. If I have to do it for each shoot/image then it will be hundreds of pix and a nonsense; I don't see why legally it will not stand up as they will be making an informed decision. Any thoughts?

I am sure that must be the case for many photographers. And what is the situation for photographs of children released by their parents when the child becomes an adult at majority - can they withdraw/ terminate the release? Is it even valid after they reach age 17/18/21 or whatever?

It's all about who has standing to sign the release at the time the image was taken. AFAIK, you, or an adult guardian, would have to sign the minors release since they couldn't have done at time of taking. This might not be the case in all jurisdictions since some have lower ages for minors.

An agreement is valid at the time, time doesn't invalidate any informed decision but if they are your kids, you might want to follow the parental path.

It's all about who has standing to sign the release at the time the image was taken. AFAIK, you, or an adult guardian, would have to sign the minors release since they couldn't have done at time of taking. This might not be the case in all jurisdictions since some have lower ages for minors.

An agreement is valid at the time, time doesn't invalidate any informed decision but if they are your kids, you might want to follow the parental path.

That is what I assumed but as they are my own, now adult, kids I will give them the chance to give me a model release;  most timesI did not bother to create release at the time they were minors. Alamy did not require a release uploaded so I said they were released on the basis I could produce one as needed but it was never required.

That is what I assumed but as they are my own, now adult, kids I will give them the chance to give me a model release;  most timesI did not bother to create release at the time they were minors. Alamy did not require a release uploaded so I said they were released on the basis I could produce one as needed but it was never required.

I don't know if it would be absolutely legally valid; however if they sign it, it become a moot point unless they change their mind.

It's never really about requirements for MRs, even at Alamy. It's about making images more saleable/valuable. I know this is Alamy but I would get a Getty release signed as they are universally accepted.

I always get my dog to put her paw print on a release........

Just leave the forms on the doormat.....

Oh shoot!!

I was an hour too late. :)

Thought I had to browse to the end in order not to make a foolish double post....

But you should remember the "For good and valuable consideration herein acknowledged as received" part.

Needs a treat... Impawtant for the gesture...

Just leave the forms on the doormat.....

Great minds think alike - it must be something to do with us both having the same number of images on sale!!

Archived