Re-submitting previously failed batch

I have just had a small batch of images failed because a random sample found a `smudge' (further inspection reveals nothing untoward in the camera) which I accept is not up to standard.  I re-examined others in the batch and was happy that the problem wasn't re-occuring.  However, my attempt to re-submit is thwarted as the Lightroom Exporter tells me that the file has already been submitted.  I have re-named them and get the same answer.  Am I doomed to lose this batch?

I'm not sure how you proceed but I am in the habit of exporting from Lightroom to a folder on my desktop. Then I open Alamy and upload from that folder.

Paulette

I use the Alamy export plugin in Lightroom 4.  I can't see any replace, overwrite etc...Have just had a look at the Alamy upload software too and there doesn't seem to be a box to check there either.

Not sure I understand fully...I have tried re-naming them but the software seems to recognise the original image and won't allow me to re-submit again, so not sure that copying them elsewhere will help, unless it's the source that the software recognises.

I use the Alamy export plugin in Lightroom 4.  I can't see any replace, overwrite etc...Have just had a look at the Alamy upload software too and there doesn't seem to be a box to check there either.

When you say 'export plugin', do you mean a plugin by a third party or Lightroom's own Export function?  

When I said 'Replace', I really meant 'Overwrite' in fact.  I apologise for my mistake and the confusion it might have caused.

If it's Lightroom's own Export function (either by going File -> Export or by pressing a button at the bottom lefthand corner in Library module), there is an option 'Overwrite' if there is a file with the same name already in the folder which you are exporting to.

If it's a third party plugin, please ignore my reply.

Sung

It's a third party plugin...I can see the various options in LR's export dialog box but neither overwrite or rename had any effect...it's not a major problem as it was onky a small batch. Just an irritation.

Will it mess up your organization of images if you go outside this plugin and export to a folder on your desktop? Perhaps since the plugin thinks you have already submitted them it won't make any difference if you bypass it this time.

Paulette

Will it mess up your organization of images if you go outside this plugin and export to a folder on your desktop? Perhaps since the plugin thinks you have already submitted them it won't make any difference if you bypass it this time.

Paulette

I'll give the normal Alamy upload software a go and see if it fares any better

Paulette

I'll give the normal Alamy upload software a go and see if it fares any better

That seems to have sorted it...many thanks

• 2 years later...

I realize this is an old discussion, but I stumbled upon it just now needing the answer myself. If you are using the Alamy Lightroom Plugin- the answer appears to be (from the developer's FAQ) to remove the contents of the fields: Alamy Ref or Alamy Media Ref.

This only applies to those trying to resubmit images previously submitted by the (purchased third party plugin) http://www.lightroom-plugins.com/AlamyIndex.php.

Quote from the plugin FAQ: "The plugin will refuse to re-submit a photo if either the "Alamy Ref" or the "Alamy Media Ref" values are set. Clearing these is simple; select the photo or photos you want to re-submit and just erase the contents of those two fields using the Library's Metadata panel. They will be visible if you use the "Alamy" or "Alamy Plus" presets."

Archived