B0E4X4.jpg

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 5 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: Spot size
Start: 05 February 2014
End: 06 February 2014
Sale from 2009 identified during Alamy audit of newspaper group. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

Never seen this before! 2009 is a very long time ago. Still,  at least I eventually got  paid for it!  Anyone else had a similar experience?

No, not personally, but this could be seen as a very positive move: chasing up old usages could bring in some much need income for some togs and also be a signal to the licensee(s) that Alamy is actively pursuing old usages.  Let's hope that this is an ongoing effort.

Well done on your belated sale.  Maybe there should be a new thread: 'Have you found any Alamy Images 2013/12/11/10/09........'? This could run and run!

Agree on the higher commissions of the past. Glad you got paid from a 5 year old sale.

I think it's crazy that this is acceptable practice that our work be used and some of these companies pay on the honor system or only pay once a year.

No business in the world can stay afloat with this business practice. Why is it acceptable in stock photography?

As other businesses have always done,since I've started as a photographer in 1980 I add interest to all late payments from clients.

Linda

Indeed , quite annoying to have sales from 2008 and 2009 being put through this month at today's prices.

These audited sales should be retrospectively priced - I do wish Alamy would grow a pair!!

I just got $ for image used in May last year (10 months and only because I wrote email to Alamy). I felt bad with that... I thought it's long time waiting.

Now, as I saw your 5 years back order I'm in shock! I hope you'll get good back interest :)

And I don't know what is worse - waiting 5 years for it or refund after 5 years? :P

Agree on the higher commissions of the past. Glad you got paid from a 5 year old sale.

I think it's crazy that this is acceptable practice that our work be used and some of these companies pay on the honor system or only pay once a year.

No business in the world can stay afloat with this business practice. Why is it acceptable in stock photography?

As other businesses have always done,since I've started as a photographer in 1980 I add interest to all late payments from clients.

Linda

I too have never understood this aspect of the stock photography business. However, photographers aren't the only victims of the "buy now, pay later" (maybe never) plan. I used to do a lot of freelance writing for magazines and newspapers, and only a handful of publications paid on acceptance of a manuscript. Most paid on publication, which meant that I sometimes had to wait months before seeing any money.

Linda

I too have never understood this aspect of the stock photography business. However, photographers aren't the only victims of the "buy now, pay later" (maybe never) plan. I used to do a lot of freelance writing for magazines and newspapers, and only a handful of publications paid on acceptance of a manuscript. Most paid on publication, which meant that I sometimes had to wait months before seeing any money.

IF they do publish it and do not spike it when it is too late to reuse elsewhere!

Linda

IF they do publish it and do not spike it when it is too late to reuse elsewhere!

Yes, at that point you get paid (if you're lucky) the ironically named "kill fee," usually just a token amount. Such is the lot of the lowly freelancer.

I have also had about 4 sales from Alamy chasing up newspaper audits . Thanks Alamy very pleased  keep up the good work... Also pleased to see reasonable prices on recent textbook slaes. Thanks.

Archived