Current QC status

According to Alamy in the other topic:-

"It's worth bearing in mind that Alamy has the largest online collection in the world and adds more stock images daily than anyone else too..."

So it could just be that QC will start to take longer?

still waiting on a batch from last Tuesday and have been expecting the worst after this length of time. I've just been over all the images and really can't find a problem though and the same images have already passed at another agency that checks each image very carefully.

I am still waiting for a response on a batch uploaded last Tuesday 11th. Usually mine are cleared in 3-5 days, sometimes longer.   Lot of flooding in the Thames valley, people at Abingdon might be having difficulties getting to work, if so they have my sympathy...

As mentioned in another thread, I received notice yesterday about the failure of a batch that was uploaded on January 14th. The fact that it was on a Sunday (a first for me) might indicate that QC is pretty stretched these days. There do seem to be more reports of failures than usual. Perhaps 2014 started off with some weird astrological conjunction.  B)

I had a batch waiting since Tuesday 11th which has just cleared. I thought initially that I had a processing error because it sat at "processing 24 hours" for a day or so, but it seems not as all images are present and correct.

I think John is quite right in that QC probably are "pretty stretched these days".

The number of new folk coming onto the forum would probably bear that out. Given the volume that Alamy QC processes a slight glitch in the system will have a nock on effect that is bound to result in delays. I'm amazed that they manage to get stuff through as quick as they do. 

I had a batch waiting since Tuesday 11th which has just cleared. I thought initially that I had a processing error because it sat at "processing 24 hours" for a day or so, but it seems not as all images are present and correct.

I think John is quite right in that QC probably are "pretty stretched these days".

The number of new folk coming onto the forum would probably bear that out. Given the volume that Alamy QC processes a slight glitch in the system will have a nock on effect that is bound to result in delays. I'm amazed that they manage to get stuff through as quick as they do. 

It's not just Alamy that is overloaded, our whole society is now in danger of generating more digital information than we can possibly hope to process. Where all this is heading is anyone's guess IMO.

A first for me, QC approval at 8.50 at night - must be working hard to get rid of the backlog. I'd uploaded batches everyday from the 12th including today. Loads of keywording, so back to work.....

Lynne

I had the dreaded "processing 24 hours" message on my upload of the 11th and, like you, thought that one or more of the images were corrupt, but they all passed yesterday. Perhaps there was something wrong at Alamy''s end on the 11th.?

John.

QC has got MUCH stricter, no question.   So all you nervous QC-ers are not the only ones.  My first submission was in 2001 and for years passing QC was no problem, but recently I seem to have spent most of my time in the sin bin (where I now languish!), even though I'm now paranoid about quality.  Usually my sin is "soft" images, which frankly I can't see (I've got excellent eyesight!).  Once  in the bin, you have "form" and getting out is a hell of a problem.  I've got 9136 images in the bag, good equipment, and Alamy tell me I'm in the top 1% of their sellers, but I'll probably soon get the chop for too many failures.   In the old days, when snaps fetched real money, QC was a doddle, but now that you only get peanuts, QC is suddenly ferocious.  Funny old world.   With hindsight, Alamy should have edited for content, like everyone else, but too late for that now. Any Alamy offering beyond the first two or three pages is rubbish: unsaleable.  They've unleashed a beast they can no longer control. 

rolfrich@aol.com

Archived