Payment problems

Is it a payment to a bank in the Eurozone? Do Alamy have your IBAN? And possibly they also need the bank's BIC.

Yes to all questions. Actually, MS told me the payment were issued from the UK. Again, I don't see any error on my side in this case...

But finance still didn't answer my mail....

Is the money in your account? It should be by now.

Allan

HI Allan,

Did you read my post ? The money isn't on my account, that's the problem.

Sorry I scanned your post and missed that first time around.

Allan

Sorry also for my first answer, I was a bit p.... off...

LiT,

FYI. Alamy don't pay you direct as you seem to think. They instruct CitiBank (assuming it's not changed recently) around the time of the payment date to pay and then the bank will take it's time to then pay all the recipients for that month.

So when you are seeing the payment date from Alamy, that's the instruction date AFAIK.

The number for MS is in the contrib section.

For the phone, last time I called, I was told the number was reserved to customers only... As a contributor I had to use emails to MS...

Here is what is displayed on their contact page:

Customers

Open Monday to Friday

08:30 - 23:00 GMT/BST

01235 844600

sales@alamy.com

Photographers

We try and answer all emails within an hour, except at weekends. Most things can be sorted over email but if needed we´ll give you a call.

memberservices@alamy.com

Live News

For sales and photographer enquiries about Live News, Sport and Entertainment.

01235 844690

news@alamy.com

Front Desk

Open Monday to Friday

09:00 - 17:00 GMT/BST

01235 844608

info@alamy.com

press@alamy.com

This one is funny: 'We try and answer all emails within an hour, except at weekends" "Most things can be sorted over email but if needed we´ll give you a call". i AM STILL WAITING Anbswers from finance and MS after my email yestrday afternoon...

No, the number which Mark gave is the one that MS have on various correspondence - just checked and it's on the self-billing invoices for certain.

I'm certain Alamy will sort this out, their form responses are just that and need to be read as such.

A little patience is needed, you have to factor in that they are processing considerably more payments due now because of the pressure to lower the minimum payouts.

No, the number which Mark gave is the one that MS have on various correspondence - just checked and it's on the self-billing invoices for certain.

I'm certain Alamy will sort this out, their form responses are just that and need to be read as such.

A little patience is needed, you have to factor in that they are processing considerably more payments due now because of the pressure to lower the minimum payouts.

Hopefully it will be sorted. I finally had to re-enter my account details (triple checked) in the payment section (although nothing proved me that there was an error there). I received a receipt by email validating this chnage but, on my "Balance of account" page, the following mention still appears :

Next payment date: Not due -

Invalid payment details  

I hope it's just a question of update. I also wrote to MS and finance, telling them and asking wen they will proceed to the payment.

I still don't know what really happned and I am still waiting for MS / finance to come back to me since my last email.. Let's see what happens now.

Thank you for those who helped

To Philippe,

You seem to be very aware of how to communicate with alamy as a contributor and also very prompt to laugh at people, I suppose nothing of the kind ever happened to you.

Why don't you, in your unfathomable wisdom, provide us with the dedicated phone numbers for contributors ? The one to call MS and the one to call finance directly?

Waiting to be enlightned again...

Well, you can wait for a looooong time.

Sort it out yourself, mate. You're too friendly!

Cheers,

Philippe

I hope you realise how arrogant you are with your smart comment: " here's that neat little invention .......... the "phone".and now with "your splendid advice". But most of highly infatuated people don't even notice anymore...

I am friendly with friendly people not the ones who take me for an idiot.

It's very easy to click on the little red square ins't it...

To close this subject, I have received confirmation by finance that I will be paid in February. So a 2 months delay. I am still not sure of what happened, but it seems that thousands of payment were made since the thresold was lowered to 75$.

So thank you to the people who helped or gave logical and sensible answers. The ones who just used this topic as a way to have a good laugh, sarcasms, pass definitive judgements,  and hit red buttons, I let them appreciate the maturaity and usefulness of this attitude.

Ps: I will not follow this topic anymore since it is solved and I have no time for little boys jokes.

Ps: I will not follow this topic anymore since it is solved and I have no time for little boys jokes.

Now that's a shame . . . I was going to ask why you appear to have deliberately configured (all?) your portfolio to prevent Alamy selling any one of your images to anyone, anywhere . . .

dd

Now that's a shame . . . I was going to ask why you appear to have deliberately configured (all?) your portfolio to prevent Alamy selling any one of your images to anyone, anywhere . . .

dd

Better not to sell any rather than have the problems trying to get paid? :P

dd

Just had a look, it is a shame that Lionel is not going to read your post........could someone better versed in the art of restrictions confirm that the restriction list is saying what it appears to - if so he is unlikely to have this problem in future - or is he ?

dd

Just had a look, it is a shame that Lionel is not going to read your post........could someone better versed in the art of restrictions confirm that the restriction list is saying what it appears to - if so he is unlikely to have this problem in future - or is he ?

I'm not a restrictions expert by any stretch, but I get the same impression that you do regarding Lionel's image restrictions -- i.e. payment problems may soon be a thing of the past for him.

It's possible he's been so upset at the payment problems that he's restricted his whole portfolio.

That'll work . . .

dd

Archived