I see many of you guys sell pics on the news feed.

Just how so you apply to Alamy to do some news uploads?  I see the link for the ftp application for dedicated news photographers and they do mention a web upload for all Alamy photographers, but can't find mention of that anywhere in My Alamy. I am going to a number of events this year so figure I might as well send some of the photos to the news feed. Going to the Cannington Sled Dog Races at the end of this month, and thought they could be eligible as it is one of the bigger ones here in Canada.

Am I blind, or am I not eligible yet for some reason?

Thanks,

Jill

+1

Thanks Alex. Not sure how I missed the first link there.  Your second one google couldn't find. It seems the uploader is down for some reason. At least from my end.

When it is back up, I"ll take a look.

Jill

+1

Thanks Alex. Not sure how I missed the first link there.  Your second one google couldn't find. It seems the uploader is down for some reason. At least from my end.

Jill

You need to be logged in to your Alamy account when clicking the second link. It works. Perhaps even be approved for the news upload.

+1

Jill

You need to be logged in to your Alamy account when clicking the second link. It works. Perhaps even be approved for the news upload.

That is one of my questions. Do you need to be approved for the news upload? From what I read on Alamy, any Alamy photographer with a good QC rating can upload to the web news feed. My QC is perfect so far.  So is there somewhere besides the ftp application for dedicated news photographers where you apply, or do you simply email MS?

I am signed in to My Alamy (always am)

Jill

Use these links on your Alamy page to apply:

Additional revenue opportunities  

Apply to join the news FTP route

Apply to join the archival/reportage web upload route

Niels

I have been to both of these links, but neither seems to apply. I am not a dedicated news photographer, and the other is for archival and photos over 48 hours old.

From what I have read on Alamy, regular stock photographers use the web upload route to post news feed photos, not the ftp route, but I don't see anywhere to apply nor anywhere to submit. 

This is the copy from the Alamy pages:

For news images, we provide:

• An FTP account for every committed news, sport and entertainment photographer or editorial agency.
  • A web news upload service for all Alamy photographers who have a good quality control record.

I of course would be the second one. Nowhere In my My Alamy is there anywhere for a web news upload. Just mentions the link you showed for the ftp service.

A bit confusing.

Jill

When I go to My Alamy I have a choice under Upload to upload stock images or upload news images. If that isn't there for you I think you may have to email member services about it.

Paulette

When I go to My Alamy I have a choice under Upload to upload stock images or upload news images. If that isn't there for you I think you may have to email member services about it.

Paulette

I figured I probably had to do that, so I sent along an email. I should hear back sometime tomorrow if they are back from their break. If not, could be next week sometime.

Thanks,

Jill

Archived