Bleak Mid Winter?

Don't know what it is but I don't seem to be able to record any sales in the month of December. Normally average one per week, but nothing so far, and I seem to recall last year was equally depressing.

Possibly too much bah humbug on my behalf and not enough joviality........

Maybe a Xmas drink or too might get me into the spirit of things, when the sales will come rolling in?

I had a sneaky suspicion that December would be slow by looking at last year's views/zooms.  I guess that everything slows down esp. after the first couple of weeks of the month?  I did have a sale on day 5 (my griping thread on the subject was promptly removed by the supreme being here), but I'm now quite pleased to have got it (in a grumbly, humbug kind of way :angry: - bah!), as it seems that my zooms have come to a grinding halt, too.  Not expecting any more sales this year - time to get the Easter bunnies and daffodils out!

I too may well get out the Gluhwein: nothing like some cheap hot wine to soothe the soul!  Cheers :) - hic - :wacko: !

So far, been a busy one. 5 sales in the first 10 days and zooms stretching over 50 (rolling 30days) for the first time with CTR well over Alamy avg for 3 pseudonyms, one avg and a couple below. $ are a little down to last month but plenty of time to correct that.

Rather active elsewhere as well. Rapidly approaching last months totals with over half the month to go..... dam.... saying that was probably a kiss of death.... should have kept quiet  :wacko:

Best month in a long time for me, fear not though, last month was a total shocker! Start of this month had three sales in a day and one of them was for an ok amount (or would have been in the 60/40 days!). 

Zooms are really low though so am expecting a lean few months ahead.

December was my joint best month for sales last year, it doesn't look like it will be this year, just the one so far on the 5th.

Zooms have disappeared. I haven't had a zoom for nearly a fortnight, the worst run since September last year. Views holding up though.

John.

Bryan, it's because this government have restricted, and banned any profiteering and joviality in the North, especially the North East  :)

Terry.

:) Quite right too, I blame the schoolteachers, or maybe the librarians, but probably the dustmen and associated trades, indeed anyone who didn't go to Eton...

Bryan, it's because this government have restricted, and banned any profiteering and joviality in the North, especially the North East  :)

Terry.

:) Quite right too, I blame the schoolteachers, or maybe the librarians, but probably the dustmen and associated trades, indeed anyone who didn't go to Eton...

I was at Eton . . . I mean as a tourist once. 

$87 today and an infringement settlement, from a photocopy of my first Alamy sale, just shy of 4 figures , which I suppose doesn't really count.

Try telling the Tax man that it does not count !  Congratulations - well done........

Haha, more details available, but unfortunately ;) I didn't have to go to court so there's no tryout of the small claims track.

They have been very decent about it so maybe it wasn't the threat of court that did it anyway.

But they grassed up the original infringer so there may be more to come.

This is my first December on Alamy so I haven't got experiences of other years. But until now, this is my first good month because my first "good" sales are popping up :) I say good sales because the others were "peanuts" like you say sometimes here :P  We'll keep working!

(Sorry for my english! :wacko:)

Zooms seem to have plummeted but sales broadly on track - early days yet - always the optimist!

.dov

EVERYTHING is plummeting just now!! :angry: 

Allan

This is my first December on Alamy so I haven't got experiences of other years. But until now, this is my first good month because my first "good" sales are popping up :) I say good sales because the others were "peanuts" like you say sometimes here :P  We'll keep working!

(Sorry for my english! :wacko:)

Pssssst ..... just between you and me. Your English is better than some native English posting here ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

And so much better than our Basque, eh, Philippe? 

Still bleak here, whatever season this is. But there are still about a dozen photo-buying days left until Santa Day.

They (the photo buyers) seem to be having an early and extended christmas here. :(

Allan

Archived