Who purchased your photograph

judyg0313

When reading your post, some of you have mentioned who purchased your photographs.  I asked Alamy how I could find out and maybe get a copy of a brochure or magazine and was told that is not possible, yet I still find some who seem to know.  Can you tell me how you find out?  Thanks

right clicking on an image in your sales history or a zoom, in google's chrome browser, is a good way to find some. Finding an image being used is an exception, rather than a rule.

Also search google books might turn up a few, although chances are the page that its on won't be available in the preview.

Hmmm, interesting.

Just looked here and found one of my images

http://dijitalimaj.com/alamyDetail.aspx?img=%7BDB6C366A-F38E-4F3F-95EA-B838C60C63E5%7D

In fact I have many pictures on this site.

My question is what is this site ?

Is it anything to do with Alamy ?

Is it a distributor for Alamy ?

Any thoughts welcome ,

Cheers

Adrian

Start by Googling 'your name/Alamy'.

Alamy doesn't reveal customers' names... for what I hope are obvious reasons... also so that photographers won't badger publishers and editorial offices for tear-sheets...

I honestly don't think that is a good enough reason not to reveal client/publication,etc. I repped more than 700 photogs and agencies in the 80s and 90s and ALL of our sales reports included all the info.There was never a problem with them going over my head.

All of my agents provide this info in sales reports and one agency I was with provided the following in real time: client name/photo/thumbnail/image number/status(downloaded,invoiced,paid) and the issue date. That agency was one of the largest of it's type and bought out by,"G."  I think it's a valid question that we should know. Since I started in biz in 1980 I've kept track of every sale and publication that has used my image. When we go after infringers,I have the financial records to prove how much that image or set has brought it and can name names and show a tearsheet. When I get vague info that means no tearsheet or scan.Some published works are available by google but not all.  L

I find G's informative watermark brilliant, and wish that approach would spread throughout image agencies.

And, keeping "If you can't say something nice..." in mind, I'll stop there.

I have little to say about Getty (that is repeatable here!) but they do show the name of the licensor.

Sheila

I find G's informative watermark brilliant, and wish that approach would spread throughout image agencies.

And, keeping "If you can't say something nice..." in mind, I'll stop there.

+1  Great idea for a watermark.  Positive marketing.

It would be great if they would give us the info as to where our images are being used, particularly RM images. I've found many via google images searches, a few via tin eye and some just by pure luck. I also often search my name on Amazon and find a lot that way.

Sometimes they only use Alamy and don't use your name on the image. I'll sometimes look at the images Alamy has licensed of mine and do a google search with relevant keywords and Alamy - I've found many that way too.

In the old forum there was a thread each month where people listed all the Alamy images that they found. That's worth a look. I'm assuming there's a similar thread on this forum. Haven't found it yet but I just got on here today for the first time.

Along with several other people, I spend many an unhappy hour looking for the owners of images that I see in the papers etc. This is not entirely altruistic as I am both looking for my own pics and getting to know what sells. I now have a good feeling for what the papers want.

The results are published in the Have You Found Any Alamy Images thread. 

People who scan for photos in this way will know that many of the agencies are largely open to the tentacles of Tineye, but Alamy is not. I wonder why?

It would be great if they would give us the info as to where our images are being used, particularly RM images. I've found many via google images searches, a few via tin eye and some just by pure luck. I also often search my name on Amazon and find a lot that way.

Sometimes they only use Alamy and don't use your name on the image. I'll sometimes look at the images Alamy has licensed of mine and do a google search with relevant keywords and Alamy - I've found many that way too.

In the old forum there was a thread each month where people listed all the Alamy images that they found. That's worth a look. I'm assuming there's a similar thread on this forum. Haven't found it yet but I just got on here today for the first time.

Looking for this?  http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/1317-have-you-found-any-alamy-photographs-november-2013/page-17#entry20381

Archived