Mine was a mixed bag - only 1 sale ($51) after 7 in March and a BME 8 in February.

But i've had the most views i've ever had in a month since I started and zooms are holding up. I also went up a couple of pages on BHZ to page 2 and I got a payout, so not all bad news.

I'll just have to keep uploading!

John.

April 2013 - Best month ever on Alamy; zooms up a massive amount - but they do not always covert to sales - in fact few sales are zoomed!

Only two sales but high, total sales = the best month ever 

Will it be the same in May?

Absolutely HORRID!

The worst month since March 2009.

Only 5 sales that when I subtract the alamy and distributor's share leave me image commissions smaller than my "Single Downloads" and Extended Licenses programs at Shutterstock.

So, at this point I'm having sales with a higher price in microstock than with alamy.

No this time I am definetely going to have to re-think my plans. Cant understand it really, my other RF outlet is always a four-figured amount, every single month and in RM, its just lightyears  above, but here at Alamy it just doesnt seem to match any of the input.

Sure most RM/RF is customer type orientated and its pretty clear that here they have their set type of buyers, lots of editorial, landscapes, travel, etc, etc. Thats great but its of no use to me.

Apart from that its a great and friendly place and worth being a member of just for the sake of that.

In future though I think I have to put all my RF/RMs, in one place only.

10 sales - $629.34

This new forum is a pain - I've just typed a load of stuff, hit the return key, then the delete key to remove one space, and it's deleted the whole lot.  What the hell's going on...?

10 sales - $629.34

This new forum is a pain - I've just typed a load of stuff, hit the return key, then the delete key to remove one space, and it's deleted the whole lot.  What the hell's going on...?

Don't wish to take this thead OS, but yes, it is a pain.  It's to do with the way the coding is structured.  There is a very limited 'code view' button (top left of the formatting toolbar) which (ironically) actually hides much of the code produced.  Anyhow, you can use it, and you can also use limited functions used in MS word etc. such as CTRL + Z to undo while you're typing.  You could add tidying this up to the Suggestions & Ideas > The Forum forum, if you're so inclined...

Seventeen sales, though with one long dry period in the middle of the month, not quite into $ four figures. I was looking at the uses involved, and reckon that ten years ago for the same actual set of uses, I'd have been seeing about $1500-2000 back to me. Spring rush to buy images? New on me.

David

46 licenses which is 1/3 down on last month but almost same $$ (due to one decent sale) and equals second BME for numbers.  Still some annoyingly low values especially from distributors which means they are hardly worth having. Not in NU but in newspaper scheme.

CTR dropping like a stone though so not optimistic about the future.  Although not all sales have been zoomed I do find there is a correlation if I look back far enough.  Might be the new interface but others are reporting more zooms recently.

Pearl

Archived