can I change my forum name.

When the new forum was being set up, I just quickly signed in and was having a look at the new layout.. but on reflection I would have quite liked to have had my name as my forum name instead of Turner ( which comes from my woodturning days) I have had a look through the edit my profile to see if it is possible, but have had no luck...does any one know if there is a way..

Thanks for looking, Steve.

to-future-former-turner

Changing forum name must be possible, because in Account page, there's this feature at left:  Display name history

Unless someone finds a button we both overlooked, I suggest you contact forum's community administrator to request name change.

-ann

to-future-former-turner

Changing forum name must be possible, because in Account page, there's this feature at left:  Display name history

Unless someone finds a button we both overlooked, I suggest you contact forum's community administrator to request name change.

-ann

Thanks for the reply ann, I see what you mean about the display name history bit  so I have mailed the admin.

Steve.

As far as I recall, this was mentioned upon initial registration to the new forum.  Something along the lines of "choose your forum display name carefully as, once chosen, you will not be able to change it"

As far as I recall, this was mentioned upon initial registration to the new forum.  Something along the lines of "choose your forum display name carefully as, once chosen, you will not be able to change it"

Thanks, it's not the end of the world if I cant change it...

Steve.

Archived